France based Industrial Gas Major Air Liquide (AL) has successfully completed ALOHA effective Learning Cum Development programs at manufacturing sites located at US, France & Japan. Expansion program includes complete up-gradation of AL units situated at Japan & US. This innovative initiative will boost company’ production capacity cum advanced precursors with multiple ideas. Ultimately it will enhance company’s productivity outlook & potential business in Semiconductor industry.
“High Skill Engineering Facilitated at ALOHA Units” (Source: AL PR)
- ZyALD, ALOHA’s proprietary precursor for second generation ZrO2 high-k materials for advanced DRAM, for which critical Intellectual Property has recently been granted
- Silicon precursors for a variety of sub 32nm applications such as patterning and gapfill, used in memory and high-end logic chips
- High-k/ metal gate precursors now qualified on major OEM platforms
- Metallization precursors for applications ranging from copper capping or barrier layers to DRAM capacitor electrodes, including expansion of TORUSTM production capacity for Ruthenium metallization.
- Low-k precursors and ancillary materials for advanced back-end dielectric stacks
- New materials for new devices such as Resistive (ReRAM) and Phase Change (PCRAM) memory devices.
Francisco Martins, Vice President of Air Liquide Electronics said, “Air Liquide’s strong investment in advanced and differentiated products to meet cutting-edge semiconductor technologies is paying off. Our ALOHA family is playing an increasingly important role in the technology ecosystem and we are committed to supporting and growing with technology providers globally. The additional capacity and the next generation products in the pipeline will enable our customers to meet their technology roadmap challenges. ” (Courtesy: AL USA)
AL USA facility in Fremont has adopted ALOHATM family of precursors that has doubled its production floor area, including a new laboratory for development projects with customers and technology providers aimed at developing and scaling up next generation, enabling sophisticated deposition materials. Since electronic semi-conductor is new & quite different industry, recently only joined development ladders of Industry gases sector; here AL precursor technology can play important in enhancement of micro level activities related to fabrication industry in Japan & Europe. The key focus of company is to accelerate a variety of emerging applications. These expansions facilitate Air Liquide to double its production ability of advanced precursors and add multiple products on its online timescale.
Read More : AL Press Release